Repair Parts -- new and used -- moderated newsgroup for trading > Meat Grinder Parts
> 0.074 x 0.153 x 0.467 super neodymium block magnet NB07
0.074 x 0.153 x 0.467 super neodymium block magnet NB07
For Sale: 0.074 x 0.153 x 0.467 super neodymium block magnet NB07
Subject 0.074 x 0.153 x 0.467 super neodymium block magnet NB07
Ad is submitted by poster:
The strongest magnetic material in the world
To see size and information charts of all our magnets please click below:
Magnetic Material Charts and Information
Neodymium magnets (Nd-Fe-B) are composed of neodymium, iron, boron and a few transition metals. These magnets are extremely strong for their small size, metallic in appearance and found in simple shapes such as rings, blocks and discs.
This listing is for one (1) magnet.
Applications of Neodymium Magnets
* DC motors (automotive starters)
* Computer rigid disc drives, printers and speakers
Attributes of Neodymium Material
* Very high resistance to demagnetization
* Good in ambient temperature
* Material is corrosive and should be coated for long term maximum energy output
* Low working temperature for heat applications, but higher levels of heat resistance materials are being introduced periodically
* For as pressed material, tolerance on the thickness (direction of magnetization) is ± .005. Other dimensions are ± 2.5% or ± .010, whichever is greater.
* According to IMA standards, visual imperfections such as hairline cracks, porosity and minor chips are commonly found in sintered metallic magnets. A chipped edge is considered acceptable if no more than 10% of the surface is missing. Cracks are acceptable as long as they do not extend across more than 50% of pole surface.
* Neodymium magnets are very brittle and very strong magnetically. Therefore, it is crucial to handle these magnets with extreme care to avoid personal injury and damage to the magnets. Fingers can be severely pinched between attracting magnets.
* Magnets can chip if allowed to “jump at” an attracting object. It is highly recommended that when constructing rare earth magnetic assemblies, they be magnetized after assembly.
repair--parts.com bears NO responsibility for this ad. Please report ads that do not follow our
rules (on front page).
Posted By: Mathew Randolph
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mathew Randolph) (this is a temporary forwarding address).